Sunday, May 20, 2007

Welcome to The Burn of the Bat

I remember that afternoon in the spring of '86 when you and I were driving with Ted Williams over to have that night of discussing hits with Don Mattingly. Ted leaned forward in the car and said, 'Hey Wade, did you ever smell the burn of a bat?' Well, there are very few people who have. I have never forgot that. When the All-Century Team gathered around Ted at Fenway before the '99 All-Star Game, Ted asked Mark McGwire the same question. He retold the story. He said, 'Did you ever smell the burn of the bat?' There were six National League players in the room at the time around McGwire. What is he talking about? Well, let's face it, the burning of a bat is the lexicon of the gods.
-Peter Gammons HOF Induction Speech


With that I welcome you to The Burn of the Bat, an all-encompassing baseball blog bringing you the best of Major League and Minor League Baseball.

You will find regularly updated content here regarding everything from trade rumors to prospect analysis to predictions. I will draw in content from a variety of sources, including print media and other reputable blogs.

On the right side you will see constantly updated feeds from the three sites I find most informative: Baseball America, Roto Authority and MLB Trade Rumors. I have also posted a variety of links to general baseball sites; in the future I will add links to blogs for individual teams.

Thanks for dropping by, and keep coming back!

No comments: