Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Credibility!!!

Looks like I exercised a bit of clairvoyance in my post on top prospects to watch. Fantasy Gameday is tentatively reporting that Kevin Slowey has been chosen to replace Ramon Ortiz in the Twins' rotation, and that Yovanni Gallardo may be on his way to helping Milwaukee's big club. These are still unsubstantiated, but both look probable. Great moves for both clubs, even if Gallardo starts out in the bullpen, which I think will be the case. I don't see them pulling the plug on Dave Bush just yet, but you never know.

UPDATE: The Twins' official site reports that Ortiz has been relegated to the pen and speculates that it's either Slowey or Garza who will get the call. The Brewers' official site has nothing of note aside from the fact that Ben Sheets has a blister on his throwing hand.

UPDATE PART DEUX: I think I was a little pre-emptive in taking credit for my Gallardo prediction; according to Fantasy Gameday, he was merely activated in Yahoo! fantasy baseball leagues. I'll keep you posted if I hear anything else.

No comments: